- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Rum Cream Pie Recipe
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cold water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1 Quart|
|Jamaica rum||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pastry shell||1 , baked|
|Bitter sweet chocolate||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
Calories 1262 Calories from Fat 620
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 83 g128.4%
Saturated Fat 41.7 g208.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 586.2 mg
Sodium 87.7 mg3.7%
Total Carbohydrates 98 g32.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.83 g3.3%
Sugars 74.6 g
Protein 16 g31.1%
Vitamin A 55% Vitamin C 1.6%
Calcium 15% Iron 7.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Collect and measure all the required ingredients
2. Soak the gelatin in cold water and allow it to soften.
3. Prepare a double boiler pan by setting a saucepan filled with 3 inches of water over a medium low flame.
4. In a mixing bowl that fits over the double boiler, combine the yolks and sugar and lightly beat to blend well.
5. Place the bowl over the double boiler, and cook, stirring constantly until the mixture thickens.
6. Take the pan off the heat and add the soaked gelatin to the hot custard, stirring until all of it dissolves completely. Keep aside to cool, stirring occasionally.
7. In a clean dry, cool bowl, add the cream and whisk until thick and stiff. It should stand in soft peaks.
8. Blend in the rum.
9. Gently fold in the rum flavored cream into the custard when it is cooled to room temperature.
10. Pour the filling into the baked pastry shell.
11. Place on serving plate and refrigerate until the filling is set and the pie is chilled.
12. Grate generous amount of bitter chocolate over the pie.
13. Slice into equal size wedges and serve cold using a pastry slicer to serve on individual plates.