- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Rum Cherries Recipe
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Maraschino cherries||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Vodka||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Light rum||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Whole cinnamon sticks||2|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 6151 Calories from Fat 26
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.7%
Saturated Fat 0.58 g2.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 67.6 mg2.8%
Total Carbohydrates 1007 g335.8%
Dietary Fiber 48.2 g192.8%
Sugars 958 g
Protein 3 g6.7%
Vitamin A 13.2% Vitamin C 0.25%
Calcium 82.2% Iron 37.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a heavy 1-quart saucepan, combine together the sugar and water over moderate heat.
2) Bring the contents to a boil and boil for about 2 minutes.
3) Cool the syrup and transfer it to a 4-quart glass container.
4) Add the vodka, rum, cherries and cinnmon sticks and cover the container.
5) Let stand for about 6 weeks in a cool, dark place. Keep shaking the contents occasionally.
6) Serve the liquid and cherries separately. Can also be combined in gift decanters.