- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Rum Bananas Recipe
|Butter||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Soft brown sugar||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Pinch|
Calories 228 Calories from Fat 71
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.4%
Saturated Fat 5 g24.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 20.3 mg
Sodium 2.3 mg0.1%
Total Carbohydrates 37 g12.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.7%
Sugars 24.1 g
Protein 1 g2.8%
Vitamin A 6.3% Vitamin C 17.4%
Calcium 0.9% Iron 1.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Select bananas that are slightly underripe ; as they should be a little green at the stalk endand would provide better results.
2) Peel the bananas and cut in half lengthwise.
3) In a large frying pan, melt the butter.
4) Add bananas to the hot butter in the pan and sprinkle with the mixed sugar and cinnamon.
5) Fry lightly for a few minutes, until the bananas are lightly brown and the sugar has begun to caramelize, then turn the bananas over.
6) Cook for a further few minutes and remove the pan from heat and add the rum.
7) Flambeâ€”take care as this recipe burns quite fiercely for the few minute.s
8) Reheat gently, shaking the pan so that the flames spread over the entire contents.
9) Serve at once, with the liquid spooned from the pan and fresh cream.