- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Rum And Butter Tarts Recipe
|Tart shells||12 (Unbaked, 2 1/2 Inches In Diameter)|
|Currants||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Light brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Light cream/Half and half||1 Tablespoon|
|Rum/Rum extract||1 Tablespoon|
|Egg/1 egg yolk||1⁄2|
Calories 208 Calories from Fat 88
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.1%
Saturated Fat 5.2 g26%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 39.6 mg
Sodium 81.7 mg3.4%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.4%
Sugars 16.2 g
Protein 3 g5.7%
Vitamin A 1.8% Vitamin C 6.4%
Calcium 0.6% Iron 0.74%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, place currants and cover them with boiling water. Allow them to soak for 10 minutes until they swell up.
2. Preheat the oven to 375°F before baking.
3. Drain the currants thoroughly in a colander.
4. In a small saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons of butter.
5. Take pan off the flame and stir in the currants, light brown sugar, cream, and rum to taste.
6. Blend in the thoroughly beaten egg.
7. Using a teaspoon, spoon the currant mixture evenly into the tart shells, filling them 3/4th full.
8. Place them on a baking sheet and bake on top level of preheated oven for 15-20 minutes until the pastry and filling is golden.
9. Remove and let cool and set for 5 minutes before unmolding from the tart molds.
10. Serve the tarts warm or cold topped with whipped cream if you like.