- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Rugelach Pastry with Cheese and Nuts Recipe Video
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Packed light brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten with 1 tablespoon milk (For Egg Wash)|
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce (At Room Temperature)|
|Unsalted butter||1⁄2 Pound (At Room Temperature)|
|Granulated sugar||13 Tablespoon (0.25 Cup Plus 9 Tablespoon)|
|Kosher salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Pure vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|All-purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Light brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Packed)|
|Ground cinnamon||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Raisins||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped|
|Apricot preserves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), pureed in a food processor|
|Egg||1 , beaten with tablespoon milk (For Egg Wash)|
|Milk||1 Tablespoon (For Egg Wash)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 6141 Calories from Fat 2965
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 340 g523.7%
Saturated Fat 170.3 g851.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1161.6 mg
Sodium 1395.6 mg58.2%
Total Carbohydrates 740 g246.5%
Dietary Fiber 22.4 g89.7%
Sugars 478.1 g
Protein 74 g147.9%
Vitamin A 198.6% Vitamin C 92.5%
Calcium 62.8% Iron 113.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cream the cheese and butter in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment until light.
3. Add 1/4 cup granulated sugar, the salt, and vanilla.
4. With the mixer on low speed, add the flour and mix until just combined.
5. Dump the dough out onto a well-floured board and roll it into a ball.
6. Cut the ball in quarters, wrap each piece in plastic, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
7. To make the filling, combine 6 tablespoons of granulated sugar, the brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, the raisins, and walnuts.
8. On a well-floured board, roll each ball of dough into a 9-inch circle.
9. Spread the dough with 2 tablespoons apricot preserves and sprinkle with 1/2 cup of the filling.
10. Press the filling lightly into the dough.
11. Cut the circle into 12 equal wedges - cutting the whole circle in quarters, then each quarter into thirds.
12. Starting with the wide edge, roll up each wedge.
13. Place the cookies, points tucked under, on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
14. Chill for 30 minutes.
15. Brush each cookie with the egg wash.
16. Combine 3 tablespoons granulated sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon and sprinkle on the cookies.
17. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until lightly browned.
18. Remove to a wire rack and let cool.
19. Store in a cookie jar or dig in.