- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Royal Consomme Madrilene Recipe
|Light cream||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|White pepper||1 Dash|
|Consomme madrilene||13 Ounce|
|Dry sherry/Madeira||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 73 Calories from Fat 44
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.6%
Saturated Fat 2.8 g14.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 50 mg
Sodium 401.2 mg16.7%
Total Carbohydrates 3 g1.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.02 g0.09%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 3 g5.6%
Vitamin A 3.5% Vitamin C 2.6%
Calcium 1.7% Iron 1.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 300F.
2) In small bowl, using rotary beater, beat egg, cream, salt, and pepper until well blended but not foamy.
3) In a buttered 2-cup custard cup, strain the mixture.
4) Set custard cup in shallow pan on oven rack.
5) Pour hot water into pan to 1/2-inch level.
6) Cover custard cup with piece of waxed paper.
7) Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
8) Remove custard cup from water.
9) Let it cool; then refrigerate until well chilled.
10) Just before serving: In medium saucepan, heat madrilene just to boiling.
11) Cut chilled custard into 1/3-inch cubes.
12) Place cubes in 6 consomme cups, dividing evenly.
13) Stir sherry and lemon juice into madrilene.
14) Ladle over custard cubes In consomme cups.
15) Serve the Royal Consomme at once.