- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Round Rye Bread Recipe
|All purpose flour||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Rye flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Active dry yeast||2 Tablespoon (2 Packages)|
|Caraway seeds||2 Tablespoon|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Buttermilk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Light molasses||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3304 Calories from Fat 274
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g49%
Saturated Fat 9.5 g47.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 32.3 mg
Sodium 2982.2 mg124.3%
Total Carbohydrates 653 g217.6%
Dietary Fiber 77.3 g309.2%
Sugars 66 g
Protein 116 g231.9%
Vitamin A 10.1% Vitamin C 10.7%
Calcium 65.1% Iron 286.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. With mixer at low speed, gradually beat liquid into dry ingredients just until blended. Increase speed to medium; beat 2 minutes, occasionally scraping bowl with rubber spatula. Beat in 1/2 cup flour mixture to make a thick batter; continue beating 2 minutes, scraping bowl often. With wooden spoon, stir in 2 1/2 cups flour mixture to make a soft dough.
3. Sprinkle work surface well with flour mixture. Turn dough onto surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes, working in a little more flour mixture (about 1/2 cup) while kneading. Shape dough into ball; place in greased large bowl, turning dough over to grease top. Cover; let rise in warm place (80° to 85°F.) until doubled, about 1 hour.
4. Punch down dough. Turn dough onto lightly floured surface; cut in half.; Cover and let rest 15 minutes. Grease large cookie sheet.
5. Shape each half of dough into, a ball; place balls on cookie sheet and flatten slightly. Cover; let rise in warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
6. Preheat oven to 350°F. Brush loaves with 2 tablespoons melted butter or margarine (1/4 stick). Bake loaves 35 minutes or until loaves test done. Remove loaves from cookie sheet; cool on wire racks.