- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cucumber Rouladen Recipe
|Beef rump roast||3 Pound, thinly sliced|
|Speck ham||4 Ounce (Fat Ham)|
|German mustard||1 Tablespoon (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
|Pickled dill||1 (Cucumber)|
|Onions||2 , finely chopped|
|Carrot||1 , sliced|
|Dripping||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
Calories 503 Calories from Fat 219
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g37.5%
Saturated Fat 3.2 g16.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 16.6 mg
Sodium 132.1 mg5.5%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.3%
Sugars 2 g
Protein 57 g114.7%
Vitamin A 25.6% Vitamin C 5.1%
Calcium 2.5% Iron 4.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a meat mallet and pound the meat into eight 4 x 8 inch slices.
2) Slice the speck into eight long strips.
3) Lightly spread each meat slice with mustard, one slice of speck, salt and pepper to taste, chopped onion and roll meat slice up, and secure with a cotton thread or a toothpick.
4) Take a deep bottomed pan and fry the remaining onion and carrot until golden.
5) Cover the meat rolls with flour and brown them along with the veggies.
6) Pour water and allow it to boil, don’t forget to stir occasionally.
7) Take a casserole and transfer the whole content and cook for one hour in a moderate oven at 350 degree F at Gas Mark 4 for 30 minutes or until the meat is tender.
8) Serve hot rouladen with mashed potatoes.
9) If you wish to go further creative with the dish, just drizzle a little bit of gravy over the rolls and serve the rest of the gravy in a sauceboat.