- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Rotini With Cauliflower And Prosciutto Recipe
|Rotini pasta||8 Ounce, uncooked|
|Cauliflower||1 , separated|
|Extra virgin olive oil||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Onion||1 , thinly sliced|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Prosciutto||3⁄4 Pound, cut into pieces|
Calories 1666 Calories from Fat 963
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 106 g163.3%
Saturated Fat 11.9 g59.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 121.5 mg
Sodium 3487.8 mg145.3%
Total Carbohydrates 105 g34.9%
Dietary Fiber 19.8 g79.2%
Sugars 19.1 g
Protein 66 g132.1%
Vitamin A 0.9% Vitamin C 271.5%
Calcium 9.3% Iron 21%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Follow the instructions on the package to cook the pasta till it is cooked but still firm to bite. Drain the cooked pasta.
2) Cook the cauliflower florets in a large sauce filled with boiling salted water. Cook for about 5 minutes or till the vegetable has tendered.
3) Add the cauliflower to the colander along with the pasta.
4) Heat the olive oil in a medium saucpan placed over medium heat. Add the onion once the oil is hot enough and cook for about 7 minutes, stirring constantly.
5) To the pasta mix, add the cooked onions with the olive oil. Lightly toss to coat the pasta and add salt and pepper to taste. Top preparation with prosciutto.
6) Serve hot.