- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Rotini con Fagiolini Recipe Video
|String beans||1 1⁄2 Pound (Frozen)|
|Boiling water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm)|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Whole grain pasta||1 Pound|
|Red pepper flakes||1 Dash|
|Pasta water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2232 Calories from Fat 606
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 71 g109.2%
Saturated Fat 7.7 g38.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 189.6 mg7.9%
Total Carbohydrates 374 g124.5%
Dietary Fiber 63.5 g254.2%
Sugars 41.7 g
Protein 77 g154.8%
Vitamin A 0.3% Vitamin C 8.2%
Calcium 4.2% Iron 47.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pot with boiling water, put the frozen string beans and let them cook for 3 minutes.
2. In a large saute pan, pour some oil and once the oil is heated up, add the garlic.
3. Saute the garlic and let it cook until its golden and lower the heat.
4. Once the string beans are cooked, strain them out and put them right into the same saute pan and turn up the heat.
5. In the same water that cooked the beans, pop the pasta inside and cook for 8 minutes.
6. Meanwhile add red pepper flakes into the saute pan and give it a good mix.
7. Once the pasta is cooked, scoop it out and put it right into the saute pan and pour the pasta water into it and give it a good toss.
8. This pasta can be served for lunch or dinner and you could add olives, nuts whatever you like.