- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Traditional Roti Jala Recipe Video
|Egg||4 Large, beaten|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Coconut cream||270 Milliliter|
|Curry tuna||185 Gram|
Calories 607 Calories from Fat 162
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29%
Saturated Fat 12.7 g63.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 229.1 mg
Sodium 840.3 mg35%
Total Carbohydrates 84 g28%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.3%
Sugars 35.3 g
Protein 24 g48.7%
Vitamin A 25.1% Vitamin C
Calcium 4.3% Iron 24.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Put the sifted flour and the salt in a mixing bowl.
2. In another mixing bowl, whisk coconut milk, water and eggs together until fully mixed.
3. Now, pour it into the sifted flour and salt. Mix it well.
4. For the Jala’s famous golden colour, add in the turmeric and stir.
5. Heat up a wide flat non-stick saucepan.
6. Use a special roti jala mould. Fill it with the batter and go in a circular motion and keep the heat at medium.
7. Once the roti jala is cooked, remove it from the pan and fold it in.
8. Place 2 to 3 pieces here on a plate and put 2 spoonfuls of Curry Tuna to go with it.