- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Rotelle with Olive Caper Sauce Recipe
|Dried tomato halves||10|
|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Red onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Calamata olives||20 Small, pitted, chopped|
|Basil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), coarsely chopped|
|Dried marjoram||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground black pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Low-sodium chicken broth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry white wine||1 Ounce (2 Tablespoons)|
|Capers||1 Tablespoon, drained, rinsed|
|Rotelle||3 Ounce, cooked, drained|
Calories 206 Calories from Fat 73
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.7%
Saturated Fat 0.47 g2.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 433.2 mg18.1%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.3%
Dietary Fiber 5.2 g20.6%
Sugars 6.9 g
Protein 5 g9.6%
Vitamin A 9.8% Vitamin C 14.8%
Calcium 11.2% Iron 26.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In medium bowl, soak tomatoes in boiling water to cover 2 minutes.
2. Drain and chop them.
3. In large nonstick skillet, heat oil; add onion, olives, tomatoes, basil, marjoram and pepper.
4. Cook, stirring frequently, 2-3 minutes, until onion is tender.
5. Stir in broth, wine and capers.
6. Reduce heat to low and simmer 10-12 minutes, until liquid reduces slightly.
7. To serve, in a large serving bowl place pasta, pour sauce over pasta and toss to mix well.