- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Rosti Potatoes With Vegetables Recipe
|Baking potato||5 Ounce, pared|
|Chives||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Vegetable oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Red bell pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), julienne-cut|
|Zucchini||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), julienne-cut|
|Yellow squash||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), julienne-cut|
|Mushrooms||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), sliced|
|Reduced fat swiss cheese||1 1⁄2 Ounce, shredded|
Calories 147 Calories from Fat 55
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.8%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 2.8 mg
Sodium 25.9 mg1.1%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.7%
Sugars 4.2 g
Protein 5 g10%
Vitamin A 37.6% Vitamin C 109.7%
Calcium 3.1% Iron 6.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Pre-heat a broiler by setting it to medium temperature.
2. Take a mixing bowl and grate potatoes coarsely within it.
3. Add the pepper and chives, stirring them to combine properly.
4. Take a nonstick skillet sized 12 inch and heat oil in it.
5. Add the potato mix at the bottom spreading it into two circles.
6. Turn flame to medium and cook for 3-4 minutes until the potato circles turn brown at the bottom.
7. Turn over the circles with the aid of a pancake turner to cook the other side.
8. Allow it to stay over the flame for a couple of minutes until the side is browned lightly.
9. Remove from heat and place on a baking sheet that is nonstick.
10. Add some nonstick cooking spray to the skillet and heat it in the pre-heated broiler.
11. Add the bell peppers and cook for a minute over medium heat for a minute stirring often until the peppers turn crisp but retains its tenderness.
12. Add zucchini, mushrooms and yellow squash to the and stir to cook for 2-3 minutes.
13. Place half of the vegetable mixture over each potato circle and sprinkle cheese on the top.
14. Broil them by placing a little away from the heat source for 2-3 minutes.
15. Serve as required.