- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus Recipe Video
|Chickpeas||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2157 Calories from Fat 1171
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 134 g205.8%
Saturated Fat 17.9 g89.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 471.6 mg19.7%
Total Carbohydrates 193 g64.4%
Dietary Fiber 54.2 g216.6%
Sugars 35.7 g
Protein 60 g120.4%
Vitamin A 88.3% Vitamin C 684.5%
Calcium 35.5% Iron 112.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Line baking tray with foil.
3. Cut the peppers into half and flatten them out as much as you can.
4. Chop the olives into small fine pieces.
5. Place the peppers into the broiler for 4-5 minutes until the skin becomes black.
6. Remove the pepper from the broiler and cover them in a bowl for 5 minutes. This helps get the skin off easily.
8. Place the peppers under cold water and remove the skin.
10. For the olive appetizer: In a bowl, add the chopped olives, a finely minced garlic, 1 tablespoon olive oil, teaspoon lemon, a dash of pepper and stir.
9. Add 1 can of chickpeas, half a lemon, 1 tablespoon of tahini, 1 clove of garlic, 2 pinches of salt, ½ cup extra virgin olive oil, 2 roasted peppers and blend.
10. Pour the hummus in a bowl and serve with the olive appetizer and pita bread or any other bread.