- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Rosette Fruit Salad Recipe
|Iceberg lettuce head||1 Large, trimmed, chopped|
|Chicory head/Curly endive||1 Medium, trimmed and chopped|
|Red eating apples||2 Large, halved, cored, sliced|
|Celery stalks||2 Large, trimmed and sliced diagonally|
|Seedless grapefruits||2 Large, pared, sectioned|
|Canned cling peach slices||1 Pound, drained (1 Can)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Orange juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Poppy seeds||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 188 Calories from Fat 70
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.2%
Saturated Fat 1 g5.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 24 mg1%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g14.9%
Sugars 20.4 g
Protein 2 g3.3%
Vitamin A 21.2% Vitamin C 59.8%
Calcium 11.6% Iron 8.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large bowl, combine the lettuce and chicory. 2) In each of two large salad bowls, place half of the mixture.
3) Arrange half the apple slices, celery and grapefruit sections in rings on top of each bowl.
4) Arrange the peach slices in rosettes in centers.
5) In a jar with a tight fitting lid, add the vegetable oil, honey, orange and lemon juices, and poppy seeds, shake well to mix.
6) When ready to serve, pour half of the dressing over each salad and toss lightly to mix.
7) Serve immediately.