- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Rosemary Potato Skewers Recipe
|Potatoes||1 1⁄3 Pound, peeled and cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks (4 Medium Sized)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Salted butter/Margarine||1 Tablespoon, melted|
|Chopped fresh rosemary/1 teaspoon dried rosemary||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic cloves||1 Large, minced|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
Calories 183 Calories from Fat 63
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g11%
Saturated Fat 2.6 g13%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 8.1 mg
Sodium 274.2 mg11.4%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.7%
Dietary Fiber 4 g15.8%
Sugars 1.2 g
Protein 3 g6.6%
Vitamin A 4.1% Vitamin C 51.6%
Calcium 3.4% Iron 8.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a heavy saucepan with a tight-fitting lid, boil water with salt and cook the potatoes covered in 2 inches of water for 15 minutes till tender.
2) Drain and keep aside to cool.
3) Thread onto metal or bamboo skewers.
4) Place in portable container and keep in a picnic basket.
5) In a portable leak proof bowl, add the remaining ingredients and mix.
6) Pack in a picnic basket.
7) Before serving prepare charcoal fire.
8) Place potato skewers over the coal and grill 3 to 4 inches above the coal.
9) Brush skewers with rosemary mixture.
10) Continue to grill and baste several times for 10 to 12 minutes till lightly browned.
11) Serve hot.