- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Filet Mignon with Figs and Bleu Cheese Recipe Video
|Filet mignon||8 Ounce|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh rosemary||1 Tablespoon, chop|
|Figs||4 Medium, quartered|
|Balsamic vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Bleu cheese||1 Teaspoon|
|Kosher salt||To Taste|
|Cracked pepper||To Taste|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 985 Calories from Fat 529
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 59 g91%
Saturated Fat 20.1 g100.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 155.8 mg
Sodium 583.6 mg24.3%
Total Carbohydrates 67 g22.2%
Dietary Fiber 8.4 g33.8%
Sugars 55.1 g
Protein 48 g95.7%
Vitamin A 15.4% Vitamin C 12.9%
Calcium 22.1% Iron 32.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Rub the filet mignon with olive oil, rosemary, salt and pepper.
2. In a hot skillet, caramelize the seasoned filet mignon for 5-8 minutes on each side.
3. Set the meat aside to rest once done to rest.
4. In the same skillet, add the quartered figs and saute for 2 minutes.
5. Deglaze with balsamic vinegar and honey and reduce the liquid. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Serve the fillet mignon with the fig glaze on top. Garnish with blue cheese and serve with a Cabernet Sauvignon.