- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Honey Roasted Chicken and Herb Veggies Recipe Video
|Sweet potatoes||2 Small, peeled and chopped|
|Potatoes||2 Small, peeled and chopped (White potatoes)|
|Fennel stalks||1 Medium, chop|
|Apple||1 Medium, chop|
|Sweet onions||2 Medium, peeled and chopped|
|Chicken breasts||2 Medium|
|Rosemary leaves||6 Medium|
|Olive oil||5 Tablespoon|
Calories 818 Calories from Fat 351
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g61.1%
Saturated Fat 5.8 g29.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 67.3 mg
Sodium 391.2 mg16.3%
Total Carbohydrates 87 g28.9%
Dietary Fiber 11.3 g45.2%
Sugars 32.2 g
Protein 33 g66.5%
Vitamin A 432.2% Vitamin C 69.8%
Calcium 12.5% Iron 21.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Peel and chop the sweet potatoes and white potatoes. Chop the fennel, apple and sweet onion. Clean and dry them.
3. In a pan on high heat, add 2 tablespoon of olive oil and all the chopped vegetables and caramelize. Add salt and pepper once caramelized.
4. Season the chicken breasts on both sides with salt and pepper.
5. In another pan, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and brown the seasoned chicken breasts.
6. Add the browned chicken into the caramelized veggies pan and sprinkle some rosemary.
7. In a bowl, add the honey and 3 tablespoons of olive oil and mix well together. Brush the chicken with this mix.
8. Pop the pan into the oven for 20-25 minutes.
9. Plate and serve as main course.