- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Balsamic and Rosemary Marinated Sirloin Steak with Portabella Mushroom and Potato Hash Recipe Video
|Sirloin steak||8 Ounce|
|Balsamic vinegar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Fresh rosemary||2 Tablespoon|
|Portobello mushroom||1⁄2 Medium, gills removed and thinly sliced|
|Bacon stripes||4 , thinly sliced|
|Pearl onion||40 Gram, ends and skin removed|
|Garlic||1 Tablespoon, mince|
|Yukon potatoes||2 , thinly sliced|
|Kosher salt||To Taste|
|Cracked pepper||To Taste|
Calories 1695 Calories from Fat 895
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 100 g153.8%
Saturated Fat 17.5 g87.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 60.3 mg20.1%
Sodium 3101.2 mg129.2%
Total Carbohydrates 147 g48.9%
Dietary Fiber 9.5 g38.1%
Sugars 19.3 g
Protein 41 g82.8%
Vitamin A 9.3% Vitamin C 10.3%
Calcium 14.1% Iron 19.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, add the balsamic vinegar, 1/2 cup of olive oil, rosemary and mix together.
2. Submerge the sirloin steak in the marinade and let it cool for 30 minutes.
3. Slice the Yukon potatoes and put them in water so they don't turn brown.
4. In a first pan, add a teaspoon of olive oil and caramelize the potatoes and onions.
5. In a second pan, cook the bacon. Once crispy, add the mushrooms and garlic and mix.
6. When the potatoes are almost cooked, add the contents of the second pan into the first pan and mix well.
7. Add in cream and adjust salt and pepper.
8. Remove the sirloin from the fridge and season with salt and pepper.
9. Grill the sirloin for 3-4 minutes on each side.
10. Plate the potato hash and place the sirloin steak on top. Garnish with thyme and serve.