- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Rose Ring Recipe
|Unflavored gelatin||1⁄2 Ounce (2 Envelopes, 1/4 Ounce Each)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Rose wine||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Cream||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For Whipping)|
|Frosted grapes||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 546 Calories from Fat 23
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3.2%
Saturated Fat 2.1 g10.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 4.1 mg
Sodium 248.9 mg10.4%
Total Carbohydrates 121 g40.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.53 g2.1%
Sugars 85.9 g
Protein 5 g10.7%
Vitamin A 5.3% Vitamin C 7.7%
Calcium 16.1% Iron 1.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a medium-size saucepan mix gelatin, sugar, and salt. Add water and stir.
2) Heat over low heat stirring constantly till gelatin dissolves.
3) Take off from heat and add wine and lemon juice.
4) Pour into a 4-cup tube mold.
5) Chill for several hours till firm.
6) Before serving in a medium-size bowl beat cream till stiff.
7) With a knife loosen dessert around edge and tube. Dip mold quickly in and out of hot water.
8) Cover with a serving plate and turn upside down, carefully lift off mold.
9) Spoon cream into center and place frosted grapes and mint around edge.