- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Rose Chiffon Pie Recipe
|Blanched almonds||2 Can (20 oz)|
|Butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon, softened|
|Sugar||3 Tablespoon (For Crust)|
|Unflavored gelatin||1⁄4 Ounce (1 Envelope)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (For Filling)|
|Eggs||4 , separated|
|Rose wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Red food coloring||5 Drop|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5532 Calories from Fat 3575
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 420 g646.2%
Saturated Fat 98.9 g494.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1239.2 mg
Sodium 558.4 mg23.3%
Total Carbohydrates 345 g114.8%
Dietary Fiber 59 g235.9%
Sugars 247 g
Protein 161 g321.6%
Vitamin A 105.8% Vitamin C 2.4%
Calcium 152.1% Iron 138.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Bake in moderate oven (350°) for 10 minutes, or till lightly golden. Cool completely on a wire rack.
3. Mix gelatin and 1/2 cup of the remaining sugar in a medium-size, heavy saucepan; beat in egg yolks until light and fluffy; blend in wine and water. Cook slowly, stirring constantly, until gelatin dissolves and mixture coats a metal spoon; pour into a large bowl.
4. Set bowl in a pan of ice and water to speed setting. Chill, stirring often, just until as thick as unbeaten egg white.
5. While gelatin mixture chills, beat egg whites with cream of tartar until foamy-white and double in volume in a medium-size bowl; beat in the remaining 1/4 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, until meringue stands in firm peaks. Beat cream until stiff in a second medium-size bowl.
6. Fold meringue, then whipped cream, into thickened gelatin mixture until no streaks of white remain; fold in about 5 drops of food coloring to tint pink. Chill again, if necessary, until thick enough to mound on a spoon. Spoon into cooled crust. Chill at least 4 hours, or until firm. Just before serving, garnish with additional whipped cream, if you wish.