- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Rosa's Easy Chicken Cacciatore Recipe
|Ready to cook chicken||2 1⁄2 Pound, cut into pieces|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Olive oil/Salad oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|White onions||5 Small|
|Green pepper||1 Medium, cut into strips|
|Canned drained mushrooms||4 Ounce|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Canned condensed tomato soup||10 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vinegar/Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 510 Calories from Fat 138
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g23.9%
Saturated Fat 2.1 g10.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 112.5 mg
Sodium 1174.2 mg48.9%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g12%
Dietary Fiber 5 g19.8%
Sugars 14.6 g
Protein 59 g118.7%
Vitamin A 9.6% Vitamin C 89.4%
Calcium 7.1% Iron 12.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Rinse the chicken pieces, pat dry and roll in a flour seasoned using pepper and salt.
2. In a large skillet, add olive oil and allow chicken to turn brown.
3. Remove chicken, add green pepper, onions, garlic and mushrooms and sauté. Add rest of the ingredients.
4. Stir in chicken and simmer, covering, stirring occasionally, for half an hour or till chicken is fully done.
5. Pour over cooked spaghetti and serve.