- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Roquefort Cheese Balls Recipe
|Roquefort cheese||1⁄4 Pound|
|Unsalted butter||3 Tablespoon, softened|
|Minced green onion tops||1 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Bread crumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Finely minced parsley||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 203 Calories from Fat 158
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.7%
Saturated Fat 11.3 g56.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 49.7 mg
Sodium 538.2 mg22.4%
Total Carbohydrates 3 g1%
Dietary Fiber 0.48 g1.9%
Sugars 0.3 g
Protein 7 g13.5%
Vitamin A 25% Vitamin C 17.9%
Calcium 20.9% Iron 4.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a small bowl add cheese and mash it.
2. Add butter and beat to make a smooth paste.
3. Mix onion, pepper, and brandy.
4. In a separate bowl mix crumbs and parsley.
5. Divide and shape the mixture into small balls, about 1/2 inch in diameter.
6. Dredge the balls in crumb mixture.
7. Chill the balls.
6. Serve cheese balls with crusty French bread.