- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Root Vegetable Pie With Lemon And Ginger Sauce Recipe Video
|Sunflower seed butter/Tahini / almond butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Juice of lemon||2 Tablespoon|
|Sea salt/Ume plum vinegar||To Taste|
|Beet||1 Large, peeled and grated|
|Sweet potato||1 , peeled and grated|
|Parsnips||2 , peeled and grated|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 632 Calories from Fat 131
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.1%
Saturated Fat 1.7 g8.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 722.9 mg30.1%
Total Carbohydrates 115 g38.4%
Dietary Fiber 25.6 g102.5%
Sugars 43.6 g
Protein 17 g34.4%
Vitamin A 428.6% Vitamin C 119.7%
Calcium 22% Iron 37.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a small bowl or jar, put the nut or seed butter and lemon juice and whisk until they get very thick.
2. Then add enough water to thin it out to a salad dressing consistency. (This is the same base used for tahini salad dressing, so if you want to see the technique, check out that video).
3. Squeeze the juice from the pulp of the grated ginger.
4. Stir in enough salt or ume plum vinegar to bring the lemon and ginger flavors together.
5. Preheat your oven to 300 degree Fahrenheit or 180 degree Celsius.
6. Line a spring form pan with parchment paper.
7. Press the grated beet into the bottom then drizzle with some dressing.
8. Next, layer the sweet potato and drizzle with dressing.
9. Finally repeat with the parsnip.
10. Make sure that the top layer of the vegetables get a good coating of dressing so that they don't dry out in the oven (if they dry out, they won't cook properly).
11. You can cover the dish with a lid if you want; so that the veggies get steamed slightly as they cook and don't need as much dressing.
12. Now put it in the preheated oven for 40 minutes.
13. Take it out and serve hot.
I also topped it off with a pumpkin seed-kelp mixture from Christy Morgan's Blissful Bites cookbook. I threw in a bit of nutritional yeast this time too, and it was fantastic. I hope you enjoy this lemon ginger roasted vegetable pie, the latest of my healthy vegan recipes.