- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Romertopf Noodle Casserole Recipe
|Noodles||1⁄2 Pound (wide variety best)|
|Cheese||2 Ounce, grated|
|Mushrooms||3⁄4 Can (7.5 oz) (1 small tin)|
|Cooked ham||6 Ounce|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2803 Calories from Fat 830
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 92 g142.2%
Saturated Fat 51.8 g259.2%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 786.1 mg
Sodium 1011.9 mg42.2%
Total Carbohydrates 383 g127.6%
Dietary Fiber 16.8 g67%
Sugars 105 g
Protein 112 g224.6%
Vitamin A 105.3% Vitamin C 112.4%
Calcium 116.2% Iron 56.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Boil the noodles -€” don't let them become too soft.
2) Cut the ham into strips.
3) Finely chop the onions.
4) Soak the Romertopf.
5) Heat the oven to 475 F-Gas mark 9.
6)In the romertopf, put half of the noodles in the bottom and spread the ham strips over the noodles.
7) Mix together the eggs, cream, grated cheese, finely chopped onion, and parsley and finally the mushrooms.
8) Pour half this mixture over the noodles, then add another layer of noodles and finally the rest of the egg mixture.
9) Scatter a few small pieces of butter on the top.
10) Cover the casserole and cook in a very hot oven for a good half hour.
11) Then remove the lid and return to the oven for about 15 minutes until a nice brown crust has formed on top.
12) Serve the noodle casserole with green salad.