- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Romertopf Bavarian Sweet Dumplings Recipe
|Vanilla essence||3 Drop, adjust quantity as needed|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1956 Calories from Fat 991
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 112 g173%
Saturated Fat 66.2 g331.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 690.8 mg
Sodium 261.5 mg10.9%
Total Carbohydrates 192 g63.9%
Dietary Fiber 8.4 g33.7%
Sugars 14.1 g
Protein 47 g94.2%
Vitamin A 71.3% Vitamin C 0.05%
Calcium 39.1% Iron 74.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Mix together all the ingredients for the pastry together.
2) Leave aside for about 1 ½ hours in a warm place so that mixture can rise.
3) Soak the Romertopf and warm it a little.
4) Put the milk into the Romertopf along with the vanilla essence.
5) Cut the butter into tiny pieces. Add to the milk.
6) Neatly divide the pastry into pieces about the size of an egg. Drop the pieces in the milk.
7) Use a clean cloth to cover the Romertopf and leave it aside for another 30 minutes.
8) Put the lid on the Romertopf and cook in a very hot oven for about ¾ hour.
9) Serve the dumplings while they are still hot. The dish makes a excellent dessert and can be served with custard or vanilla sauce.