- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Romertopf Aubergine Casserole Recipe
|Grated cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 951 Calories from Fat 543
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 62 g95.2%
Saturated Fat 37.3 g186.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 174.3 mg
Sodium 1945.2 mg81.1%
Total Carbohydrates 51 g16.9%
Dietary Fiber 21.5 g85.9%
Sugars 24.8 g
Protein 57 g114.4%
Vitamin A 110.5% Vitamin C 120.9%
Calcium 148.2% Iron 19.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Thinly slice the aubergine.
2) Slice the tomatoes.
3) Soak the Romertopf.
4) Heat the oven to 400 F-Gas mark 6.
5) In the Romertopf, place sloced aubergines and cover with tomatoes.
6) Season with salt and pepper,
7) Cover the cassrole and cook in a hot oven for about an hour.
8) Then remove from the oven and sprinkle grated cheese over the veggies.
9) Scatter small pieces of butter on top.
10) Return to oven without the lid and cook for further 10 to 15 minutes and allow the top to brown.
11) Serve the abubergine casserole with green salad and boiled potatoes.