- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Roman Gnocchi Recipe Video
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Semolina||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Parmigiano-reggiano||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated (Reserve 0.25 Cup For Sprinkling)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2928 Calories from Fat 1939
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 220 g338.5%
Saturated Fat 132.3 g661.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1375.9 mg
Sodium 3852.4 mg160.5%
Total Carbohydrates 158 g52.5%
Dietary Fiber 6.5 g26%
Sugars 25.2 g
Protein 87 g173.4%
Vitamin A 150% Vitamin C 2.4%
Calcium 197.9% Iron 26.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
2. In a medium-sized saucepan, heat the butter, milk, heavy cream, and salt and bring to a boil.
3. Reduce to a simmer and slowly pour in the semolina flour while mixing vigorously, and cook for about 1 minute.
4. Remove from the heat and stir in 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, followed by stirring in the 4 egg yolks.
5. Mix thoroughly and pour the semolina into a ¾ inch deep cookie sheet lined with foil and, using a spatula, spread the mixture evenly throughout.
6. Sprinkle the top with extra Parmesan and allow to cool.
7. Cut into rectangles, squares, or circles.
8. Place in oven and cook 15 to 20 minutes, or until top is golden brown.
9. Remove and serve immediately with your favorite sauce or grilled meat.