- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Romaine Salad with Croutons Recipe Video
|Bread slices||4 , cubed (day old)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic clove||1 , chopped finely|
|Kosher salt||To Taste|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Romaine leaves||8 , washed and drained|
|Cranberry vinaigrette||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Pear||1 , cored and sliced|
|Parmigiano reggiano cheese||1 Tablespoon|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
Calories 182 Calories from Fat 79
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.5%
Saturated Fat 3.2 g16%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 11.4 mg
Sodium 396.7 mg16.5%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.2%
Sugars 6.6 g
Protein 4 g7.4%
Vitamin A 9.2% Vitamin C 5.5%
Calcium 6.7% Iron 5.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Using a sharp knife cut romaine lettuce, into 3 slices and keep them in a bowl.
2. Cut the bread into cubes about ¾ inch.
3. In a skillet, put extra virgin olive oil, butter and garlic.
4. Let the butter melt and get hot.
5. Put in the bread cubes and season with salt and pepper and toss well to mix and let them toast until they turn golden.
6. Remove the croutons on a plate and set them aside.
7. Add cranberry vinaigrette to the leaves and season with salt and pepper and toss well to mix.
8. Put the pear slices in the salad bowl and few croutons.
9. Sprinkle on the Parmesan cheese and mix the salad with a pair of tongs
10. Serve as desired.