- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Rolled Stuffed Meat Loaf Recipe
|Herb seasoned stuffing mix||2 Cup (32 tbs), crushed|
|Shredded carrot||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground chuck||2 Pound|
|Cream of mushroom soup||21 1⁄2 Ounce, undiluted and divided (Two 10 3/4 Ounce Each Cans)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Finely chopped onion||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 1586 Calories from Fat 999
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 111 g171.2%
Saturated Fat 42.1 g210.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 431.4 mg
Sodium 3605.1 mg150.2%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g14.1%
Sugars 12.2 g
Protein 90 g180%
Vitamin A 156.9% Vitamin C 40.3%
Calcium 21.4% Iron 58.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Set the oven at 350 degrees.
2) Mix together 1 1/2 cups of the stuffing mix with water, carrot and parsley
3) Stir the mixture well and set it aside.
4) Mix together half a cup of soup, beef, onion, egg, remaining half cup of stuffing mix and salt.
5) Take a 12- x 9-inch rectangular waxed sheet and spread the mixture on it.
6) Now, spread the reserved stuffing mixture on top of this spread leaving an inch of space along the margin.
7) Starting from the long end, roll the mixture along with the waxed paper in a jellyroll fashion.
8) Press the ends and edges and seal well.
9) Lightly grease a shallow bottomed baking dish.
10) With the seam side facing down, place the roll on the dish.
11) Bake for an hour or until completely cooked.
12) For the sauce, set aside 3 tablespoons of pan drippings from the baking dish, if there.
13) Make the sauce my mixing together in a saucepan the rest of the soup, reserved drippings (if any) and milk.
14) Cook the sauce on a low flame with occasional stirring until heated.
15) Before serving, allow the loaf to sit idle for 10 minutes.
16) Serve the meat loaf with sauce topping.