- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Rolled Pork Roast Recipe
|Rolled pork loin||6 Pound|
|Oranges||2 1⁄2 Medium|
|Orange marmalade||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Regular all purpose flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Dry mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Grated orange peel||3 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5431 Calories from Fat 2056
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 228 g351%
Saturated Fat 75.2 g376.2%
Trans Fat 1.9 g
Cholesterol 1741.5 mg
Sodium 1858.8 mg77.4%
Total Carbohydrates 238 g79.2%
Dietary Fiber 15.3 g61.3%
Sugars 194.4 g
Protein 587 g1174.3%
Vitamin A 27.8% Vitamin C 400.5%
Calcium 51.5% Iron 89.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Start heating oven to 325Â°F.
2. Place loin, fat-side up, on rack in shallow, open roasting pan; sprinkle with salt and pepper; insert roast-meat thermometer into meaty part of roast.
3. Roast 2 1/2 to 3 hours, or until thermometer registers 170Â°F.
4. Meanwhile, cut oranges into slices 1/4 inch thick. Halve slices, then insert 3 cloves, 1/4 inch apart, in top peel of each; refrigerate, covered.
5. In bowl, mix well marmalade, flour, mustard, and grated orange peel; set aside.
6. When roast is done, remove from oven; turn oven temperature up to 400Â°F. Remove string, if any; then with sharp knife, make about 12 crosswise slashes, 1 1/2 inches deep, equidistantly across top of roast. Spread roast with marmalade mixture; dip orange slices in rest of it, then insert a slice in each slash, holding edges of meat apart with knife blade. Spread rest of marmalade over orange slices.
7. Return roast to oven for 12 minutes, or until glazed: then remove to wooden board, cut in half crosswise, then place halves, side by side, on platter as pictured. Garnish with water cress, frosted fresh fruit, if desired.