- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Rolled Biscuits Recipe
|All-purpose flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Enriched all purpose flour||15 Tablespoon (1 Cup Less 1 Tablespoon)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Double acting baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Reduced Calorie)|
|Reduced calorie margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Skim milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 464 Calories from Fat 389
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 44 g67.3%
Saturated Fat 7.8 g39%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1.2 mg
Sodium 924.8 mg38.5%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.42 g1.7%
Sugars 3 g
Protein 4 g7.3%
Vitamin A 38.9% Vitamin C 1.1%
Calcium 44.4% Iron 7.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Set the oven temperature to 400Â°F before baking.
2) Take a bowl and mix together flour, baking powder, and salt in it.
3) Sift this dry ingredient mixture into mixing bowl.
4) Cut in margarine with a pastry blender, or 2 knives used scissor-fashion, until mixture resembles coarse meal.
5) Pour in milk and mix this using a fork, until soft dough forms and leaves sides of bowl.
6) Roll dough to about 1/2-inch thickness between 2 sheets of wax paper.
7) Cut out biscuits using a 2-inch-diameter biscuit cutter or rim of glass.
8) Even out scraps of dough and again cut until all dough has been used, thus making 12 biscuits.
9) To a non-stick baking sheet, transfer biscuits and bake them for 12 to 15 minutes in preheated oven until golden brown.
10) Serve with coffee.