- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How to Make a Rolled Cake That Doesn't Crack- Rolled Cake with Dulce De Leche Recipe Video
|For the sheet cake:|
|Cream of tartar||1 Pinch|
|Granulated sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Cake flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|For simple syrup:|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Hot water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|For the filling:|
|Dulce de leche/Sweetened condensed milk||20 Ounce|
|To sprinkle on top:|
|Icing sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 7258 Calories from Fat 2783
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 322 g496.1%
Saturated Fat 170 g849.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 2054.7 mg
Sodium 1773.5 mg73.9%
Total Carbohydrates 1012 g337.2%
Dietary Fiber 24.5 g98.1%
Sugars 735.2 g
Protein 83 g165.9%
Vitamin A 123.4% Vitamin C 8.7%
Calcium 42.4% Iron 42.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 4000 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Separate the egg whites from the egg yolks.
3. Add the egg whites into a stand mixer and beat on medium speed until frothy.
4. When the mix starts to bubble, add the cream of tartar and watch for soft peaks.
5. Once soft peaks are reached, add in 3/4th of the sugar and continue to mix.
6. Increase the speed and wait for hard peaks to be formed.
7. In a bowl, add the egg yolks and rest of the sugar and whisk until pale yellow.
8. Add 1/4th of the egg whites mix into the egg yolks bowl and fold gently.
10. Once incorporated, add the melted butter and combine. Then, add a part of the cake flour and combine.
11. Continue to gently incorporate a part of the egg whites and cake flour in turns until everything is combined well.
12. Line a 17*11 inch baking pan with parchment paper and pour the batter into the pan and spread evenly.
13. Pop into the oven for bake for 7 minutes.
14. Lay out a parchment paper and sprinkle confectionery sugar over it.
15. Remove the cake sheet from the oven and lay out onto the prepared parchment paper. Remove the parchment paper stuck to the bottom of the cake sheet.
16. For the simple syrup: In a bowl, add the sugar and hot water and stir until the sugar dissolves and microwave it for a minute.
17. Let the mix cool and then add in the rum and stir.
18. Brush this mix over the cake sheet while it is still warm. Don't soak the cake, only do this to give it more flavor.
19. Trim the edges of the cake sheet and spread the Dulce de Leche.
20. Roll the cake sheet tightly from one end to the other.
21. Trim the edges for a neater look. Add the raspberries and sprinkle confectionery sugar over it.
22. Slice and serve.
TIPS: If you don't find Dulce de Leche, cover 2 cans of sweetened condensed milk in boiling water for 2 hours and use it. If the mix is too thick, add some heavy cream make it more spreadable. You can also use any fillings of your choice.