- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Rockin Jalapeno Poppers - Easy Homemade Mexican Appetizer Recipe Video
|Jalapeno||12 , deseeded (cut in half)|
|Bacon slices||6 , finely chopped|
|Cream cheese||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (room temperature)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||3 Tablespoon|
|Granulated garlic||1 Teaspoon|
|For the topping|
|Mild cheddar cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Smoked paprika powder||1 Tablespoon, divided|
Calories 335 Calories from Fat 240
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g44.7%
Saturated Fat 16.1 g80.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 94.1 mg31.4%
Sodium 504.7 mg21%
Total Carbohydrates 3 g0.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.47 g1.9%
Sugars 1.7 g
Protein 16 g32.3%
Vitamin A 22% Vitamin C 12.4%
Calcium 42.4% Iron 1.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedCookie sheet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
2. Prepare a cookie sheet spray it with pam spray.
3. Cut the jalapenos in half using a spoon and paring knife, remove the seeds and membrane, once done keep it aside.
4. Finely chop the cooked bacon slices into small bits, set aside.
5. In a bowl combine cream cheese, granulated garlic, parmesan cheese and bacon bits.
6. Using a spoon fill the cream cheese mixture in the jalapenos pepper, continue until you finish all the jalapenos.
7. Once done put small amount of mild cheddar cheese on top of each filled jalapenos and sprinkle some smoked paprika on top, place them on the cookie sheet.
8. Bake the stuffed jalapenos for 20-25 minutes in preheated oven.
9. Once done remove and let it cool for 5 minutes.
10. Serve the jalapenos poppers hot along with a dip of your choice.
Do not use the foil as it is difficult to remove the jalapenos once the cheese has melted, instead spray the cookie sheet with pam spray.