- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Rock Cornish Hens With Olives Recipe
|Green pepper||1 Small|
|Rock cornish hens||2|
|Chicken stock||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Dry white wine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Green olives||24 Small, pitted|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1781 Calories from Fat 1088
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 123 g188.7%
Saturated Fat 50.2 g250.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 617.2 mg
Sodium 1278.3 mg53.3%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g15.1%
Dietary Fiber 9.3 g37.1%
Sugars 18.8 g
Protein 91 g181.9%
Vitamin A 253.4% Vitamin C 138.6%
Calcium 22.2% Iron 30.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Skin onion and chop.
2) Skin carrot and chop.
3) Deseed green pepper and chop.
4) Trim and chop celery.
5) Truss birds.
6) Heat 3 tablespoons butter in a skillet and sauté the vegetables over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
7) Place sautéed vegetables on the bottom of a baking dish.
8) In a pan heat remaining butter and baste bird with it.
9) Rub salt and pepper on the bird. Place on the vegetables.
10) Add chicken stock and wine.
11) Roast in oven in 350°F oven for 1 hour.
12) Baste once in every 20 minutes with the broth in the pan.
13) Place hens into serving platter and place in turned-off oven while finishing the sauce.
14) Strain sauce into a saucepan and press vegetables juices into the sauce.
15) Skim off fat.
16) Add little beurre manie, stirring and cooking sauce after each addition till thick.
17) Add olives and heat.
18) Serve the sauce in a sauceboat. Place new potatoes cooked in their jackets in salted water and place beside the hen. Serve with peeled steam potatoes season with butter and garnish with parsley and tiny green peas.