- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Rock Cornish Hen In Wine Or Chicken Recipe
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cornish hens/0.75 pound chicken, cut up||4 , cut up|
|Salt pork||1⁄2 Pound, cut in fine strips|
|Whole white onions||12 Small|
|Dry red wine||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), mashed|
|Fresh mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound, sliced|
|Fresh thyme sprigs||1 (Or 1/4 Teaspoon Dry Thyme)|
|Bay leaf||1 Large|
Calories 1304 Calories from Fat 722
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 80 g123.2%
Saturated Fat 26.3 g131.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 290.2 mg
Sodium 1488.4 mg62%
Total Carbohydrates 63 g21.1%
Dietary Fiber 8.6 g34.3%
Sugars 20.9 g
Protein 52 g103.3%
Vitamin A 14.4% Vitamin C 63%
Calcium 15.8% Iron 24.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Mix together salt, pepper, paprika, nutmeg and flour mixture.
2) In a large paper bag, put the mixture.
3) Coat chicken pieces with flour mixture by shaking them well in it.
4) In a skillet, cook pork until brown.
5) Take off pork and discard.
6) In pork fat, brown hen or chicken pieces, turning to brown evenly on both sides.
7) Mix in wine, sugar, garlic.
8) Stir in mushrooms with rest of the ingredients.
9) Cook the mixture slowly, covered, for about 1/2 hour until pieces are tender.
10) Take off celery tops, fresh thyme, parsley sprigs and bay leaf.
11) Blend 1 Tblsp cornstarch in 1/4 cup water and mix it with the sauce if it is not thick enough.
12) Heat the sauce until clear.
13) Serve hot at once with rice, noodles or dumplings.