- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fresh Focaccia with Assorted Toppings Recipe Video
|Tomato sauce||5 Tablespoon|
|Flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Warm water||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Olive oil||10 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3402 Calories from Fat 1759
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 199 g305.4%
Saturated Fat 45.7 g228.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 155.5 mg51.8%
Sodium 2390.8 mg99.6%
Total Carbohydrates 299 g99.7%
Dietary Fiber 12.5 g49.9%
Sugars 6.7 g
Protein 99 g197.4%
Vitamin A 30.7% Vitamin C 16.4%
Calcium 92.9% Iron 111.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Mix a tablespoon of yeast in 1 ¼ cup of warm water and let it sit for 10-15 minutes.
3. Coat a baking container with olive oil.
4. In a bowl, add 3 cups of flour, 1 ¼ cup of water mixed with yeast and a dash of olive oil and knead. Add more water if it gets too dry.
5. Add a dash of olive oil and continue kneading.
6. Cover the dough with a cloth and keep in a warm place for about an hour. The dough will rise to twice its size.
7. Flatten out the dough on the greased baking containers and let it sit for 15 minutes.
8. After 15 minutes, make little holes in the dough.
9. Sauté some chopped onions in olive oil and caramelize them.
10. In one baking container, add a dash of salt, some olive oil and the caramelized onions.
11. In the other, add some tomato sauce, 7 slices of prosciutto, 5-6 cubes of mozzarella cheese, a dash of salt and a dash of olive oil.
12. Put both the baking trays into the oven and cook for 15 minutes until the mozzarella melts completely.
13. Take both trays out of the oven and let it cool for 5 minutes.
14. Plate and serve as a snack or as a side.
TIPS: The looser your dough, the fluffier your foccacia will turn out.