- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Roasting Meat Recipe Video
|Boneless beef chuck roast||3 Pound|
|Cracked pepper blend||1 Tablespoon (Wegmans)|
|Pan searing flour||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Wegmans)|
|Pure olive oil||1 Tablespoon (Wegmans)|
|Onions||2 , peeled and quartered (About 1 Pound Total)|
|Apple cider||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sauerkraut||2 Pound (Meat Dept, About 2 Packages)|
|Caraway seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Granny smith apples||2 Medium, peeled, cored and quartered (About 1.25 Pound In Total)|
|Smoked pork chops||16 Ounce (Boneless / Bone In, About 1 Package)|
|Smoked polska kielbasa||16 Ounce, split lengthwise (About 1 Package)|
Calories 747 Calories from Fat 396
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 44 g68.3%
Saturated Fat 16.1 g80.4%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 191.3 mg
Sodium 1750.9 mg73%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g10.9%
Dietary Fiber 5.9 g23.5%
Sugars 11.3 g
Protein 49 g98.8%
Vitamin A 0.8% Vitamin C 47.1%
Calcium 6.1% Iron 29.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Season roast with cracked pepper blend. Dust with pan-searing flour; pat off excess.
2. Heat olive oil in large braising pan on MEDIUM-HIGH until oil faintly smokes. Add roast; sear, turning to brown both sides, 6-8 min. Remove from pan. Discard all but 1 Tbsp drippings from pan.
3. Reduce heat to MEDIUM. Add onions; cook 5 min, stirring occasionally. Add cider; stir to loosen browned bits on bottom of pan. Add sauerkraut, caraway seeds, cloves, and bay leaf.
4. Return roast to pan; heat to simmering and cover. Braise on center rack of oven about 2 hours. Carefully remove lid to avoid steam.
5. Stir in apples; top with pork chops and kielbasa. Cover; braise 1 hour, until tender. Remove and discard bay leaf.
This video is a creation of wegmansfoodmarkets. You can visit wegmansfoodmarkets for complete recipes, and more videos.