- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Rotla With Roasted Garlic Sauce Recipe Video
|Garlic clove||2 Clove (10 gm), minced or diced|
|Red chile powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Bajra flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 58 Calories from Fat 14
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g2.4%
Saturated Fat 0.13 g0.67%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 87.9 mg3.7%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.6%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 2 g3.1%
Vitamin A 0.1% Vitamin C 0.67%
Calcium 0.2% Iron 5.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Looking for a simple recipe for a Gujrati meal..? This recipe of rolta (unleaved flatbread) with garlic sauce presents a simple but tasty dinner. The dish can be accompanied with vegetables on the side.
Directions for preparing the sauce:
• Sauté the garlic in oil on medium heat till it gets brown and crispy.
• Add salt and red chilies and stir it in well.
• Transfer to a bowl with a spoon for serving.
Directions for preparing the bajri na rolta:
• Take the flour and add some water.
• Add salt to taste.
• Knead it thoroughly, till it looks even throughout. The well kneaded rolta dough should not have any lumps.
• Roll it out with a rolling pin. Roll out individual pieces of rolta separately (traditionally round in shape). The bread should be 2-3 mm thick ideally so that it does not get burnt while roasting.
• Roast on a curved pan (tawa) till the bread gets evenly browned. Flip the bread and turn it on the pan to get all sides evenly browned.
• Serve (directly from the pan) with the garlic sauce.