- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Roasted Eggplant And Bajri Na Rotla Part 2 Recipe Video
|Egg plant||2 Large|
|Green onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped finely|
|Fresh chili||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped finely|
|Garlic||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped finely|
|Cilantro||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped finely|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Red chili powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Bajri flour||500 Gram|
|Warm water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (as required)|
|Ghee||1 Tablespoon (to serve)|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon (to serve)|
Calories 657 Calories from Fat 154
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.5%
Saturated Fat 3.4 g17.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 10.1 mg
Sodium 111.9 mg4.7%
Total Carbohydrates 115 g38.4%
Dietary Fiber 19.8 g79%
Sugars 10.1 g
Protein 18 g35.8%
Vitamin A 19.6% Vitamin C 65.5%
Calcium 5.3% Iron 60.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a baking dish, place the egg plants. Place them inside the microwave oven for a few minutes. Remove from the oven and peel off the skin.
2. In a bowl, put the egg plant and crush them. Add green onion, fresh chili, garlic, cilantro, salt, pepper and red chili powder. Mix well.
3. Pour in the olive oil and combine with the other ingredients.
4. Serve the Roasted Eggplant with rotla for dinner.
1. In a bowl, put flour and salt. Pour water and start mixing. Knead the dough until smooth.
2. Make round balls. Wet your palms with water and take the ball on palm and flattern it.
3. On hot clay tawa, slowly place the rotla. Fry on both sides until light golden brown.
4. Serve the Rotla with ghee and brown sugar.
Tip: Serve the Roasted Eggplant and Rotla for dinner with buttermilk soup, rice, legume side dish and tomato salad.