- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Roast Duck Breast With Bing Cherry Sauce Recipe Video
|Bing cherry preserves||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Red wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 351 Calories from Fat 16
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g2.7%
Saturated Fat 0.55 g2.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 32 mg
Sodium 223 mg9.3%
Total Carbohydrates 77 g25.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.02 g0.06%
Sugars 59.3 g
Protein 8 g16.5%
Vitamin A 0.4% Vitamin C 4.4%
Calcium 0.2% Iron 10.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2) Score the fat side of the duck breast in a crisscross pattern with a sharp knife.
3) Sprinkle the duck breast with a little salt and pepper.
4) In a pan over a medium heat, place the duck breast with the fat-side down and sear for about 6 minutes to render off the fat.
5) Flip over the duck breast and sear the other side for about a minute.
6) Transfer the duck breast on a baking sheet with fat-side down. 7) Roast in the preheated oven for about 7 to 9 minutes, depending on thickness the duck breast.
8) In a bowl, combine half of a jar of bing cherry preserves, red wine vinegar. Stir until thoroughly mixed.
9) Remove the duck breast from the oven, allow to rest for a few minutes before slicing.
10) Spoon the sauce over the roasted duck breast and serve immediately with some asparagus and potatoes.