- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Roasted Whole Chicken with Rosemary Recipe Video
|Fresh rosemary sprigs||2 Large|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), crush|
|Extra virgin olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
Calories 613 Calories from Fat 409
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 45 g69.5%
Saturated Fat 11.3 g56.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 187.5 mg
Sodium 282.3 mg11.8%
Total Carbohydrates 1 g0.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.16 g0.66%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 47 g93.5%
Vitamin A 7.4% Vitamin C 8.6%
Calcium 3.6% Iron 13.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedRoasting pan
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Under cold water clean the chicken inside and out, rub salt and wash the chicken.
3. Remove the giblets and trim extra fat from the skin.
4. Place the chicken in a roasting pan; coat the chicken with olive oil.
5. Season with salt and ground pepper. Place the garlic and rosemary sprigs inside and outside of the chicken cavity.
6. Make foil tent and cover the pan
7. Bake for 1 1/2 hours then remove tent, and baste chicken with the juices which have already accumulated.
8. Return to oven and cook another 30 minutes.
9. Once done remove and allow the chicken to rest.
10. Serve with roasted rosemary potatoes.