- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Roasted Vegetable Stuffed Flank Steak Paired with Heinens Red Wine Recipe Video
|Shallots||1 Tablespoon, dice|
|Balsamic vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Chiffonade basil||1 Tablespoon|
|Vidalia onions||1 , cut in 1 1/2 inch thick slices|
|Red pepper||1 , seeded|
|Padron peppers||1 , seeded|
|Flank steak||1 Pound|
|Balsamic glaze||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 493 Calories from Fat 170
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g28%
Saturated Fat 4.7 g23.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 40 mg
Sodium 392.5 mg16.4%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.8%
Dietary Fiber 5 g20.1%
Sugars 17 g
Protein 35 g70.9%
Vitamin A 33.1% Vitamin C 136.3%
Calcium 9.7% Iron 10.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. For the balsamic vinaigrette: In a bowl, whisk together the shallots, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper, sugar and chiffonade basil. Set aside.
2. Add the sliced vidalia onion, red pepper and padron pepper into a ziplock bag and pour the vinaigrette into it. Close and place in the refrigerator to marinade for 15-20 minutes.
3. Lay out a piece of saran wrap with the flank over it. Cover and pound until thin. Season with salt and pepper.
4. On a smoking hot grill, add the marinated vegetables and cook until al dente.
5. Remove the veggies off the grill and chop them. Place the chopped veggies in the middle of each flank steak and roll.
6. Use butcher's twine to tie the rolled flank steak together. Season the outside with salt and pepper.
7. Place the stuffed steak over the grill and sear on all sides until done.
8. Brush with the balsamic glaze every once in a while.
9. Once done, trim off the butcher's twine and slice the steak.
10. Plate and serve with a glass of Heinen's Red Wine.