- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Roasted Vegetable Soup Recipe Video
|Butternut squash/Winter squash||1 (quartered)|
|Yam/Sweet potato||1 (quartered)|
|Garlic head||1 (top sliced off)|
|Watermelon radish/Daikon radish||1 (quartered)|
|Rutabaga/Turnip||1 (peeled and cut into 6 pieces)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water/Vegetable stock||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Maple syrup||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice/Balsamic vinegar||2 Teaspoon|
|Croutons||1 Dash (for topping)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (for topping)|
Calories 397 Calories from Fat 112
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.5%
Saturated Fat 6.2 g30.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 24.2 mg
Sodium 620.7 mg25.9%
Total Carbohydrates 67 g22.3%
Dietary Fiber 11.4 g45.7%
Sugars 17.1 g
Protein 11 g22.2%
Vitamin A 763.3% Vitamin C 168.5%
Calcium 40.3% Iron 18.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Pre-heat oven to 350F.
2. Drizzle garlic with olive oil and wrap in foil. Toss remaining veggies with olive oil. Place on two baking sheets and roast (flipping once partway through, if desired), for 60-75 minutes (radish, garlic, yams, onion, and rutabaga may take the lesser amount of time).
3. Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
4. Scrape squash pulp from skin, squeeze garlic from skin.
1. Heat soup pot. Add butter and brown (watch it so it doesn’t burn).
2. Add veggies to browned butter, along with olive oil, and seasonings. Cook 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add water (or stock) and bring to a boil.
4. Turn heat off, add milk, maple syrup, and lemon juice. Blend with hand blender (or in a regular blender – be sure to remove the plug from the lid and cover with a clean towel) until smooth. Add more water if it’s too thick.
5. Taste, adjust seasoning if desired. Return to heat and cook a few minutes more, but don’t boil.
1. Serve topped with croutons (cubed bread, tossed with olive oil, salt, and pepper, baked at 350F for 10-15 minutes).