- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Roasted Turnips Recipe
|Turnips||1 1⁄4 Pound, peeled (Medium Sized)|
|Lard/Bacon drippings / cooking oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1083 Calories from Fat 929
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 103 g158.6%
Saturated Fat 40.2 g201.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 97.4 mg
Sodium 2317.8 mg96.6%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g12.2%
Dietary Fiber 10.2 g40.8%
Sugars 21.5 g
Protein 5 g10.2%
Vitamin A Vitamin C 198.5%
Calcium 17.1% Iron 9.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 375° F.
2. Arrange turnips in a shallow casserole.
3. Drizzle lard, drippings, or oil.
4. Bake turnips in the preheated oven for 50 minutes, turning occasionally so that they brown evenly.
5. Raise oven temperature to 400° F and continue to bake for another 10 to 15 minutes until turnips are tender and golden.
6. Remove from an oven and drain on paper toweling.
7. Place the turnips on a platter or in a bowl
8. Season them with salt and toss well
9. Serve hot with roasts or grills.