- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Roasted Tomato Soup Recipe Video
|Tomatoes||10 (Cut each one into 6 or 8 pieces)|
|Carrots||2 (Roughly chopped)|
|Onion||1 (Roughly chopped)|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm) (With tip chopped off)|
|Vegetable stock||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Water/Stock||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Salt||2 Teaspoon (add another 1/2 teaspoon if desired)|
|Pepper||3⁄4 Teaspoon (add another 1/4 teaspoon if desired)|
|Sweet paprika||1 Teaspoon|
|Fresh thyme||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried oregano||1⁄2 Teaspoon (or 1 teaspoon fresh oregano)|
|Garlic chives||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Basil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Balsamic vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Heavy whipping cream||1 Tablespoon (or half and half, or milk)|
Calories 153 Calories from Fat 69
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g7.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 3.4 mg
Sodium 982.8 mg41%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.5%
Dietary Fiber 5 g19.9%
Sugars 8.6 g
Protein 3 g6.6%
Vitamin A 106.3% Vitamin C 57.9%
Calcium 7.3% Iron 7.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Pre-heat oven to 350F.
2. Place tomatoes on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. Place onions and carrots on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. 4. Roast veggies for about 30 minutes (carrots might not be tender, that’s OK, we’re par-baking them, as they will cook more later).
5. Add stock, thyme, oregano, garlic chives, paprika, salt, and pepper to soup pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cook until veggies are done roasting.
1. Add roasted veggies to the soup pot.
2. Bring to a boil and cook 15-30 minutes, or until carrots are tender.
3. Add basil and balsamic vinegar and cook 5 minutes more.
4. Using a hand blender (or a regular blender – if you do this method, please remove the plug in the lid and cover it with a towel instead, this allows steam to escape, and results in a non-disastrous soup making experience… trust me, I’ve learned this the hard way), submerge into soup, then begin to blend. Be careful, it may splash, and it’s very hot (I know you know this).
5. Blend until smooth.
6. Taste and adjust seasoning.
7. Add a drizzle of good olive oil.
Serve it topped with a drizzle of cream, alongside a grilled cheese sandwich!