- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Roasted Tomato Focaccia Recipe Video
|Cherry tomatoes||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), roasted|
|Pizza dough||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon (as needed)|
|Basil leaves||6 Medium|
|French coarse salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon (as needed, to taste)|
|Black pepper||1 Pinch, freshly cracked (as needed, to taste)|
Calories 99 Calories from Fat 41
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7%
Saturated Fat 0.55 g2.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 212.9 mg8.9%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g4.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.04 g0.17%
Sugars 0.6 g
Protein 2 g4.6%
Vitamin A 0.9% Vitamin C 0.55%
Calcium 0.7% Iron 3.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 350°F.
2) Stack, roll up and slice the basil leaves into ribbons.
3) In a sheet tray, drizzle extra virgin olive oil and push the dough onto the tray and fill up as much as possible. Allow the dough to rise for about 35 minutes.
4) After the dough has risen, drizzle with some more extra virgin olive oil and lightly push down the dough with your fingers.
5) Distribute the roasted cherry tomatoes and basil evenly all over the surface of the dough.
6) Drizzle with some more olive oil and season with black pepper and French coarse salt.
7) Bake in the preheated oven for about 25 minutes until golden brown and crisp.
8) Slice the Roasted Tomato Focaccia into squares and serve with a salad and glass of wine for a meal.