- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Roasted Tomato and Basil Soup Recipe
|Tomatoes on the vine||5 Ounce (1.5 Kilogram)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||6 Tablespoon|
|Castor sugar||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Basil leaves||8 Large|
Calories 145 Calories from Fat 139
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1.2 mg0.1%
Total Carbohydrates 1 g0.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.3 g1.2%
Sugars 1 g
Protein 0.25 g0.5%
Vitamin A 5.3% Vitamin C 5.4%
Calcium 0.5% Iron 0.59%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Heat oven to 240C/220C fan/gas 9.
2. In a large roasting tin in a single layer place the tomatoes, drizzling over 3 tablespoon of oil let it roast for 20 minutes.
3. As soon as they are cool enough to handle, pinch the tomatoes off the vines using a fork and add into a liquidiser with the roasting juices.
4. Put in a good dose of salt, some black pepper, the sugar, the basil leaves and another 3 tablespoon oil, then liquidise.
5. Run through a sieve into a saucepan and gently reheat before serving.
6. Ladle into warm bowls.
7.Drizzle oil and garnish with small basil leaves.