- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Roasted Stewed Chicken With Vegetables Recipe
|Sweet potatoes||2 Medium|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Skinless boneless chicken breasts||1 1⁄4 Pound|
|Lime juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Orange juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Beefsteak tomatoes||2 , cored|
|Zucchini||2 Medium, trimmed|
Calories 353 Calories from Fat 54
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.3%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 82.2 mg
Sodium 249.3 mg10.4%
Total Carbohydrates 38 g12.8%
Dietary Fiber 6.3 g25.4%
Sugars 13.7 g
Protein 38 g75.2%
Vitamin A 231.7% Vitamin C 103.5%
Calcium 10.3% Iron 13.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Peel the sweet potatoes, cut them into 1-inch rounds, and set them in a large roasting pan. Roast, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, peel the onions and cut each one into 8 wedges. Toss the onion wedges and garlic with the vegetable oil in a mixing bowl, and season to taste with salt. Add these to the roasting pan and roast for 30 minutes more.
4. Meanwhile, cut the chicken into 1/2-inch cubes and toss them with the lime, orange, and lemon juices. Season with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
5. Cut each tomato into 6 wedges. Halve each zucchini lengthwise, and if the seeds are large, scoop them out with a spoon. Cut into 1-inch-thick slices.
6. Add the tomatoes, zucchini, chicken, and citrus juices to the roasting pan (carefully, as the juices will steam). Toss all the ingredients together with a spoon, and return the pan to the oven. Roast, uncovered, until the chicken is cooked, about 15 minutes.
7. Transfer the vegetables and chicken to shallow bowls, and spoon the natural juices over the top. Serve immediately.