- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Roasted Root Vegetables Recipe Video
|Parsnip||75 Gram, washed, peeled and rewashed|
|Garlic cloves||2 Medium|
|Fresh rosemary sprigs||2 Medium|
|Vegetable oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Sea salt/Pepper||2 Tablespoon (use as per taste)|
Calories 188 Calories from Fat 135
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.5%
Saturated Fat 2 g10%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2338.9 mg97.5%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.7%
Sugars 3.6 g
Protein 2 g3.1%
Vitamin A 69.2% Vitamin C 26.1%
Calcium 4.3% Iron 4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cut the parsnips into approx. 8cm lengths, then each piece on half lengthways and then in half once again.
2. Remove any tough core from the middle of the parsnips such that there are finger-shaped parsnips about 8cm in length.
3. Pre-heat the oven to 190°C (Gas Mark 5).
4. Pour oil into a roasting tray or ovenproof dish and heat in the oven.
5. When hot, remove from the oven, add the parsnips and season to taste.
6. Quickly stir to ensure the parsnips are evenly coated with oil and return to the oven and roast for about 12–15 minutes.
7. Remove the parsnips from the oven and stir in the clear honey and return to the oven for about a further 10 minutes.
8. Remove the roasted parsnips from the oven.
9. Using tongs, place the roasted parsnips into warmed serving dishes or onto warmed plates.